Endorsed by North Carolina Advocates for Justice
NC Court of Appeals Judge Seat 13 (DEM)
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill
- University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill (JD)
- Judge on the NC Court of Appeals
- Legal Director of ACLU (2012-2019)
- Court of Appeals Judge (2019-2020)
Judge Brook first practiced at a Raleigh law firm, focusing on civil litigation. He was then a public interest attorney in North Carolina for more than a decade. In these roles, he practiced throughout our state and federal court system, including successfully leading litigation before the Supreme Court of the United States. Since his 2019 appointment to the Court of Appeals by Governor Cooper, he has authored more than 75 opinions that speak to his rigor, fairness, and respect for every North Carolinian who appears before him.